Now that Christmas is almost here, you'll hopefully be looking to start winding up for the year. Whether you're only closing for that one day or you're making the most of it and taking a good week off we want you to be safe in the knowledge that your Roland printer will be fine again on your return and you can get printing straight away.
The following advice have been recommended by Roland DG UK directly, should you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch in advance of the festive break.
The beauty of the Roland printer is that it pretty much looks after itself, that said there are a couple actions you can to take to ensure you'll be back up printing straight away on your return.
Preparing your Roland for an extended break
1) Ensure your cartridges have some ink to use to run through. As long as there is enough ink in the printer it will clean itself and circulate the ink to keep it happy and healthy.
2) There is no need to flush your printer. Let's face it, you've got much better things to be doing right now.
3) Keep your Roland plugged in, with the switch on the back turned on. This will enable it to run it's built in maintenance clean while you're off enjoying your Christmas!
4) Check and empty the drain bottle before you leave to avoid any nasty spills and surprises.
5) If you're using white and metallic, the very last thing you need to do before you walk out that door is tell the printer that they've been shaken. To do this, whilst the printer is turned on, take out the white/metallic cartridges, tip them end to end a couple of times before putting them back in. This will essentially re-set the clock on the printer until you need to shake them again.
6) Please Note If you are using a VersaUV printer (LEF Range or LEJ-640), please be aware that certain environment conditions need to be maintained for your printer to be able to perform the cleans. You will need to ensure that your work environment stays above 19°c at all times in your absence, this will enable the printer to perform cleans in "power off" mode.
7) Check your ink stocks to make sure it doesn't run dry while you're away. It won't need much but if in doubt give us a call, we've got great deals on ink in the lead up to Christmas to allow you to keep your shelves stocked!
Again, should you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to call us on +44(0)1420 511539.
From the whole team at printMAX we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!